Established in June 2016 by a group of concerned parents, self-advocates and supporters, the Pennsylvania Down Syndrome Advocacy Coalition (PDSAC) is committed to achieving equality, access, and inclusion for individuals with Down syndrome in Pennsylvania.
All individuals in Pennsylvania with Down syndrome will achieve equality, access and inclusion.
Pennsylvania Down Syndrome Advocacy Coalition (PDSAC) seeks to improve, through legislative, regulatory and policy advocacy, the quality of life for all individuals with Down syndrome, regardless of age, at the community, state, and national levels.
To achieve its mission, PDSAC focuses on:
* Improving Education Opportunities for individuals with Down syndrome.
* Improving Health Outcomes and Quality of Life for individuals with Down syndrome.
* Creating an Economic Future for individuals with Down syndrome.
* Strengthening community relations for and understanding of individuals with Down syndrome.
* Engaging and informing the Down syndrome community regarding legislative, regulatory and policy developments.
Officers (terms June 2016 - June 2017)
Co-chairs: Mitchel Rothholz (Harleysville) and Erik Weiner (Quakertown)
Communications Coordinator: Diane Cavanaugh (East Stroudsburg)
Policy Analyst: Raquel Ross (State College)
Social Media Coordinator: Julie Gerhart-Rothholz
Region Coordinators (TBD) - East: Central: West: